pros and cons of spraytherm
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

pros and cons of spraytherm

by welsh brickie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:14 pm

I have just seen a programme on renovation and we were disscussing the cost of re slateing the roof .
I have seen spraytherm used to seal a roof and was quite impressed due to the fact that it was cheaper by 60% plus it seals and fully insulates the roof .
But I have also been told it rots the roof timbers over a period of time
has anybody had any experience of problems with this product??
thanks.

deep
Labourer
Labourer

Re: pros and cons of spraytherm

by deep » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm

[quote="welsh brickie"]I have just seen a programme on renovation and we were disscussing the cost of re slateing the roof .
I have seen spraytherm used to seal a roof and was quite impressed due to the fact that it was cheaper by 60% plus it seals and fully insulates the roof .
But I have also been told it rots the roof timbers over a period of time
has anybody had any experience of problems with this product??
thanks.[/quote]
HI. My house was built in the 1950's. And I have the foam spray all over the inside of my roof, now, I have two major leaks in the front and back bedrooms, and because of the foam I can't see where these leaks are coming from. The foam stops it coming straight down, so the water slides down the inside of the foam. To repair the roof the whole lot will have to be removed, and thats no quick and easy job! I would reslate as it will be easier resolving problems in the future.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm