Protecting New White Tile Grout From Mould and Staining in Shower Stall

Postby mike41124 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:39 am

Hi folks
I'm seeking advice on protecting white grout in the shower stall from becoming black.
I do clean as best I can after every use with a cloth and once a week with a cleaning product. I fear this is not totally adequate. So, if possible and effective, I would like to coat or cover the grout with something.
In a local DIY place i saw the silcone anti-muffa (anti-mould, I live in Italy) substances. Would any of these satisfactorily protect the grout? Or can something else be recommended.? (generic products please, as certain brands might not be available here in Italy)
Thank you,
Mike
Attachments
20160328_113629 (1).jpg
20160328_113708 (1).jpg
20160328_113822 (1).jpg
mike41124
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:03 am

No they won't, silicone on tap of grout looks horrible, open the window after showering/bath and the black mould won't form and wash the tiles once a week.
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!