Pulling Down Spotlights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimboselecta
Labourer
Labourer

Pulling Down Spotlights

by jimboselecta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:57 am

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my kitchen spotlights. There are 7 lights in my kitchen but at the moment only 2 of them are working.

I know that its a loose connection because i've switched the bulbs and also the other lights intermittently switch on every not and then.

My problem is that i can't get the things out if the ceiling. They seem to be held in by a spring, almost like a mouse trap but i can't get my hands in to release it!

Is there a trick to releasing these?

Many thanks in advance.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 pm

jimboselecta,
If you take a good look you will see that the clip/springs are not totally round and should have a couple of tails pointing inwards to the centre of the light.
Pinch them together and pull gently down and clip/spring should become loose. The bulb will drop with a little help!
Regards
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi JIM, I think KB is telling how to remove glass front (if fitted) but I think you need to remove whole light from ceiling?
It requires nerve but just pull gently but firmly down until springs are visible, squeeze them tightly to the body of light & keep pulling down, as light clears ceiling they will spring outwards. to refit squeeze them against body of fitting and as soon as they are clear of top edge of ceiling should 'snap' back into place.
regards SPARX

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Sparx right, sorry was a long day. Didn't read post correctly.

KB

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 am