Pump on 24/7
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zambo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pump on 24/7

by zambo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Not sure how long this has been going on, because I only noticed when the pump got a bit noisy, but pump is on day and night, including when boiler is not on. I can't switch it off at the plug when I go to bed, because heating/water comes on before I get up.

I assume pump should be switched on and off by the boiler coming on and going off, so assume it could be a pcb problem.

Could a temp solution be to plug into timer so pumb comes on and goes off with water/heating, or could this cause probs. I know I could have one for example if I got a temp power cut. What could happen for eg if boiler came on and pump was off.

Cheers in advance for any halp and advice.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:31 pm

If the boiler fired without the pump the water could boil and could possible cause damage. It really should not be allowed to happen.

What boiler controls does your system have? It is most unusual to find a pump plugged in as you describe.

Normally, the pump is controlled either by the boiler or the programmer via a room thermostat.

Without further info it is really difficult to advise further.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1