Push Button flush fault
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bucklesham
Labourer
Labourer

Push Button flush fault

by bucklesham » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:44 pm

I Have an intermittent fault with a recently fitted push button toilet cistern flush
The small or single flush is fine but sometimes when using the double flush the water will continue to trickle out of the drain hole into the bowl.
This is because the flushing mechanism is not dropping down to re-seal the outlet hole.
When the double flush is used the mechanism latches and is held up until the water level drops and the inlet allows fresh water into the cistern to re-fill.
There is a kind of float attatched to this which is adjustable by screwing by hand of an adjuster in Red plastic, I an not sure of the purpose of this and what the adjuster is for?
It was suggested to me by a plumber to put a penny on top of the float mechanism I presume to make it drop easier or is the mechanism triggered by the fresh water coming in and disturbing the float assembly
It was also suggested that the operating cable may be kinked but all seems OK and the fault is occasional
Should I put anothe washer on the float or can the fault be adjusted out?
Any advice would be welcome my missus is driving me nuts!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:21 am

bucklesham,
If its recently fitted get a replacement under guarantee, you should not have problems with a new flush mechanism. Depending on the make you should be able to turn the assembly 1/4 turn and remove it - you do not need to remove the cistern to do this.
end

bucklesham
Labourer
Labourer

by bucklesham » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:11 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]bucklesham,
If its recently fitted get a replacement under guarantee, you should not have problems with a new flush mechanism. Depending on the make you should be able to turn the assembly 1/4 turn and remove it - you do not need to remove the cistern to do this.
end[/quote]

Thanks for the advice stoneyboy
Bucklesham

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:33 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:42 pm