Push Flush cistern leak
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Terryj
Labourer
Labourer

Push Flush cistern leak

by Terryj » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm

When the push flush cistern is flushed it fills correctly and the float shuts off the valve correctly. However, after a few minutes a trickle of water enters the cistern via the valve and continues without shutting off. It is as if water is seeping into into the pan which is keeping the valve slightly open. The system is only 2 years old. I have checked the seating of the inlet to the pan and this seems OK.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:32 pm

See the poroject on push button cisterns there is a trouble shooting guide in there.

Sarah
Labourer
Labourer

by Sarah » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:40 pm

I have the same problem with my Macdee Duo Compact 6 litre Cistern after I have flushed the cistern refills and then 10 minutes later I can hear the trickle of water in the cistern I have tried turning the plastic screw setting but unsure which is the correct way to adjust the float - the noise is driving me mad and I do not know how to fix it your advise please.

CJ
Labourer
Labourer

by CJ » Thu May 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Re Single push button cistern - I had the same problem as Sarah, a constant trickle. I Had to get Dynarod out to it, but not sure what fixed the problem. However now I have a new problem about 10 mins after flushing, the toilet starts making a noise like a motorbike starting up (don't laugh) the silver flexible hose attached vibrates, I then have to slightly depress the button to release a little bit of water and it stops. Next time it is flushed again the same noise after 10 mins. Any ideas?

Richard Brown
Labourer
Labourer

Macdee cistern letting water by

by Richard Brown » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I had this problem wih water letting by after the cistern had filled.

I live in a hard water area and muck / deposits on the inlet valve stopped the valve from sealing shut.

I had to dismantle & clean the valve. I sketched the order in which the parts were removed, and the diection in which they faced.

Reassembly after a thorough clean was a breeze & the leak problem solved 8)

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 pm

TerryJ - your sounds like either your float arm is set to high so the cistern overflows into the pan and hence has to keep refilling OR you simply need a new torbeck valve.

CJs sounds like water hammer.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:20 am