quarry tiles
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DOINGTHEKITCHENUP
Labourer
Labourer

quarry tiles

by DOINGTHEKITCHENUP » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 am

I have removed tiles from kitchen floor and discovered some lovely quarry tiles underneath, they have a layer of concrete or screed on them. How can this be removed in order to relay them.
thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 pm

DOINGTHEKITCHENUP,
"How can this be removed in order to relay them" YOU CAN'T.

Dave_c
Labourer
Labourer

by Dave_c » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

the only thing i can think of, is if you were to wire brush/sand away the concrete (if we are talking patchy thin concrete thats ok, and if you can get 1 bit up it the concrete is badly dun you may even be able to get something under it and "wall paper strip" it.

but if concrete is thick and well done it becomes completely impractical.

other than that to be honest i think you would have less trouble re-leveling then putting new ones over the top. A pain, and a real shame, also put a boot up the previous owners.

if its any help, the previous owners of my house did something similar and we did manage to salvage it but that was more down to their shoddy workmanship than out skill :)

DOINGTHEKITCHENUP
Labourer
Labourer

by DOINGTHEKITCHENUP » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 am

[quote="stoneyboy"]DOINGTHEKITCHENUP,
"How can this be removed in order to relay them" YOU CAN'T.[/quote]

Thank you

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

help at hand

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:55 pm