Question on Internal Solid Wall Insulation to Bring Down U Value of External Walls
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
basharet
Labourer
Labourer

Question on Internal Solid Wall Insulation to Bring Down U Value of External Walls

by basharet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:47 pm

we have recently purchased a semi detached home built in approx 1960 s which has cavity walls. the cavity has been filled in the last 10 years with fibre insulation. this would bring the u value of the external walls to approximately 0.6. I would like to get the walls down to approximately 0.20 0.25 u value. I would like to do this by installing celotex 50 millimetre solid wall insulation on the inside of the eeternal walls.

my first question is will this cause any problems?

My second question is can anyone explain the coerect fitting method around Windows to reduce the likelyhood of bridging?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Question on Internal Solid Wall Insulation to Bring Down U Value of External Walls

by welsh brickie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

you can use insulated plasterboard and fix it to the wall with drywall adhesive, on the window reveals, use foilback plasterboard to reduce heat loss

basharet
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Question on Internal Solid Wall Insulation to Bring Down U Value of External Walls

by basharet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Thank u for your response

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:41 am