I'm after a bit of a 'sanity check' on my part...
Through trial and error I've discovered that some wall lights that I intend to remove are connected to the upstairs lighting MCB in the CU. I've taken the front of the CU and it appears that there are 2 lives coming from the top of that MCB. I've traced one to lead downstairs and the second to lead upstairs-- see pic (it's no.2 from the left)
So, to disconnect the redundant wall lights all I need to do is:
1) Main switch off the CU, Cover off the CU.
2) Loosen the screw top of the MCB
3) Remove the live to the wall lights from MCB 2.
4) Remove the neutral from the same cable from the row of neutrals on the right.
5) Cover back on the CU, Main Switch on.
6) Test to see the dead circuit is indeed dead with a multimeter and test the upstairs lights work.
7) Remove the redundant cabling.
Thanks for any help.