Quiet central heating pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NEB
Labourer
Labourer

Quiet central heating pump

Post by NEB » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:04 pm

Can anyone please recommend a very quite central heating pump for a typical 3 bed semi-detached house set up. I need to up the speed on my pump but as it's in the bedroom it's very noisey at night.

BR
Neil

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:11 pm

Any new central heating pump fitted properly and air removed from system should be quiet, pumps can become quite noisy with age.

Have you tried venting system and pump to get any trapped air out ?
there should be a screw on the front of the pump, slacken this off and any trapped air should escape, then try the pump on the higher setting.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

Post by The Heating Doctor » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Your pump should not be noisey at all, if it is it is an indication of other problems. Do you have thermostatic valves fitted, if so see the thread below titled banging noises by auther bobbee.

What pump do you currently have?

NEB
Labourer
Labourer

Post by NEB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:20 am

Thanks for your replies. I do have thermostatic valves fitted but the pump still sound noisey when they are fully open, it's not banging at all. I have bled the radiators but will try venting the actual pump.
As for the name as it's set at a funy angle all I can see is "Multihead 2" and "British Gas", the pump is blue and has 3 speed settings. The previous owner said the pump, boiler and hot water tank were fitted in summer 2003.

Neil

frank mcallister
Labourer
Labourer

noisy central heating pump

Post by frank mcallister » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 pm

was wondering if you rectified your noisy central heating pump problem and if so how did you do it ? the noise from our neighbours central heating is driving us crazy .

NEB
Labourer
Labourer

Post by NEB » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Venting the pump did not work and it was still noisy so I fitted a new pump on Saturday and it's now whisper quiet. I cannot hear it downstairs and only a very quiet hum even when it's on full speed and I stand next to it.

Maybe post a flyer for a local plumber through your neighbours letter box :lol:

woody45
Labourer
Labourer

Post by woody45 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 pm

my neighbours central heating pump very noisey can often hear it above my tv any body out there know what i can do please

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1