All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quotes

by Vincenze » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:20 am

I live in Kent, near Tonbridge.

I am looking to replace an old Potterton Puma with something very reliable at a flow rate of over 12litres/pm and 30Kw.

So it's a removal and installation job. The boiler is openly accessible in a kitchen and pipework all surface running.

What is a typical day rate for plumbers (and I guess the South East is more expensive because overheads are higher)?

What would you quote me?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Pretty straight forward as long as the gas supply is the correct size (minimum of 22mm), and there's drainage/gully to use for condensate drainage nearby ?

Using existing room stat ? not one ? you'll need one.
Fitting TRV's ? (recommended)

What price are you looking for, labour only or including all material (inc boiler) ?

htg

Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Vincenze » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Certain it's 22mm pipework. Currenty Potty (Puma 80) is 12 years old.

TRV on all rads already. Thermo in the hallway (I don't think I'll get the best HIPs rating).

It's just the boiler. Looking at Alpha 34Kw. I can pick that up for £908 inc vat.

So cost is a removal and installation labour.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 pm

There's a London based company with an offer of a combi boiler swap for a fixed price of £975 (includes boiler). Similar price to what you're looking to pay just for the boiler.

I don't know this company, I haven't and I do not know anyone that has used this this company, and I'm not recommending this company - just what a quick Google search threw up - http://www.gumtree.com/london/19/39178319.html - however it doesn't seem to state what boiler they'd install - I would post again if you find out what boiler it would be, so we can offer advice.

Don't get an Alpha, they're rubbish. You can get much better boilers for a similar price (some cheaper), I think for labour only you'd probably be looking at around £300.

htg

Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Useful

by Vincenze » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:37 pm

HTGE - useful, thank you.

Still mulling on a Baxi. I reckon on a solid day's work and £400 max labour and removal.

Cheers

Vinc

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:40 am