radiators
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
toniashmore
Labourer
Labourer

radiators

by toniashmore » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:11 pm

while bleeding my radiators i found that on two of my radiators i can remove the bleed screw completeley and no water or air comes out. the radiators still get hot and all the others are fine but my water pressure is low (its one tap at a time) and the pilot light on the boiler does randomly go out. any ideas? :?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Make sure you're bleeding the system with the heating turned off.

If the others fill and it's only one or two that wont it is possible the vents are blocked, turn off both radiator valves, remove bleed nipple and insert a pin. This should clear it.

As for the water pressure and pilot light - I need abit more info. Boiler make and model etc ?

roger196
Ganger
Ganger

by roger196 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Is yours a pressurised system ( combi) or do you have two tanks in the loft. One is for your cold water, the other smaller feed and expansion tank for the ch system.
Is the pilot light normally on all the time. Roughly how old is your boiler.

toniashmore
Labourer
Labourer

by toniashmore » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:45 pm

will try that with the radiators, thanks. the boiler is a ravenheat rs84et, combi boiler. it looks old but thats as much as i know sorry.it is to the extreme that if we flush the loo while running the hot tap the hot tap almost stops though. :P

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1