radiators will not get up to temperature upstairs
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
boardy_61
Labourer
Labourer

radiators will not get up to temperature upstairs

Post by boardy_61 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi there, i have a problem with my upstairs radiators, my downstairs one,s are fine and get up to temperature nice but the upstairs remain luke warm, i have tried to bleed them but when i open the bleed screw no air seems to escape and there is no water comeing out either, any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 am

If it's a pressurised system, check system pressure and top-up if necessary.

If not or if system pressure is fine, then the bleed points could be blocked. Turn off both radiator valves, remove bleed nipple and insert a pin into the radiator to clear blockage - replace nipple open valves and bleed as normal.

htg

boardy_61
Labourer
Labourer

Post by boardy_61 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:57 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]If it's a pressurised system, check system pressure and top-up if necessary.

If not or if system pressure is fine, then the bleed points could be blocked. Turn off both radiator valves, remove bleed nipple and insert a pin into the radiator to clear blockage - replace nipple open valves and bleed as normal.

thankyou for your reply, but im not sure how to check if the pressure is ok, and how to top up if necessary, thankyou.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1