Rain blows in under garage door
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lejolo
Labourer
Labourer

Rain blows in under garage door

Post by lejolo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:03 am

I need to apply a raised strip app. quarter inch high to concrete garage floor to stop rain water blowing in below up and over door. I have some 'Gapstop' rubber sealing strip to attach under the up-and-over door and there is enough to go along the concrete as well but I don't know of any way to attach it to the floor to ensure that it will form a waterproof barrier. I intend to use the garage for storage of cardboard boxes of documents and household items on 10mm soft plastic tiles. There is no electric supply to the unit.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 pm

lejolo,
Form a hump in concrete render just behind the bottom of the door, this will be far more successful than a rubber strip.
end

lejolo
Labourer
Labourer

Rain seal for garage door

Post by lejolo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]lejolo,
Form a hump in concrete render just behind the bottom of the door, this will be far more successful than a rubber strip.
end[/quote]

[color=blue][size=18][u][b]THANKS - I'll give it a try.[/b][/u][/size][/color]

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 pm

lejolo,
Use a strong sharp sand cement mix, damp the floor, stick a piece of plastic along the inside length of the door, close the door and form the hump inside so the door closes on a square edge.
end

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:21 am