Random Damp Patch in Hallway About 1 Foot off of the Ground - Advice Needed
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
acomiskey
Labourer
Labourer

Random Damp Patch in Hallway About 1 Foot off of the Ground - Advice Needed

by acomiskey » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi All,

Just joined the forum as hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice.

I have a small damp patch on the internal wall of my house, roughly the size of a side plate. The house is about 9 years old and is of cavity construction. The damp patch appears in the hallway approximately a foot off the ground near the base of the stairs. This is a gable end wall.

I first became aware of the problem after a particularly heavy few days of rain some time ago. Since then I have not been aware of it getting any worse but I'm in the process of decorating the hallway so need to repair this plaster work somehow but obviously want to fix the problem so it does not occur in the future after decorating.

I have looked at the external wall and can see no cracks etc in the mortar so am at a bit of a loss.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Random Damp Patch in Hallway About 1 Foot off of the Ground - Advice Needed

by welsh brickie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:21 pm

it could be mortar stuck on the cavity wall tie, causing damp to bridge across and cause the damp. the only way to find out is to drill the wall and hire a inspection camera to see into the cavity

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:45 am