Rapid setting plastered area to be tiled
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clockwork
Labourer
Labourer

Rapid setting plastered area to be tiled

by clockwork » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:02 pm

I have a wall area of 1.4 sqm with a depth of 3cm, that requires plastering in my bathroom. I have been informed that it needs several weeks for the plaster to completely dry before tiling can be done. Is there any way of speeding this process up, ie. use of a special type of plaster for this area, which can be tiled over in a day or so? I know of a product by BAL "Quick Setting Cement" or "Quick Setting Render", but are there any better products for this job? Thanks!

castelt
Labourer
Labourer

by castelt » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:39 pm

3cm is a deep area to fill, I would not recommend using normal plaster for this. A good alternative is a product called Hardwall, when mixed it is a fluffy "angel delight" consistency which will fill this area out and sets in around 2 hours.

You would be able to tile over this, I always use BAL adhesive and then BAL grout, find the correct one out of their range for your needs, your tile retailer will help you with this (Topps Tiles are brilliant for advice).

As always make sure the background wall is sound and use a 50 -50 mix of pva glue and water to before plastering onto the old wall.

Good luck

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am