Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA Boiler Pressure Gauge not Registering When Filling
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

Pandora111
Labourer
Labourer

Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA Boiler Pressure Gauge not Registering When Filling

by Pandora111 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Hey guys,

I have a problem with a brand new fitted Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA boiler.
I own second property where I fitted this brand new boiler a year and a half ago. The system was never filled until 3 weeks ago and the pressure gauge does not register when filling. This obviously now will be out of warranty. Would the expansion vessels pressure affect the gauge working and what psi should the vessels be? I do not wish to fork out £60 on a new water gauge if this is not the problem.

The boiler does heat the water but the heating only works when I run the hot taps first so kicking in the pump. With the pressure gauge being on zero the heating will not kick in on its own. All the valves are open correctly.
I never registered the boiler as it is an empty flat where I lived 3 years ago and have just not got round to finishing renovations due to health problems.

If the expansion vessel has not been pumped with any pressure could this be causing the problems I am having?. I am not a domestic boiler expert so any advice would be appreciated.

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:55 pm