RCD Protection for Sub Board and 1 Light and Socket?

Postby dannyav1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:28 pm

hi all

I have a main consumer unit in the house and all circuits are rcd protected, I want to fit a sub board in my out house for 1 light and socket, also I want to fit a socket at the front of the house, does the main switch in the consumer unit in the out house or the breakers, also my outside socket at the front of the house need to be rcd protected? because the supply to these circuits will come from the main consumer unit and will be rcd protected from their.

many thank in advanced for your replys
dannyav1
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 am

There is no need or point in fitting two RCD's of the same value in series. So unless using a 30mA in house and 10mA outside then no point.

One exception the rules say with caravans and boats both the caravan site needs an RCD and caravan.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!