I've wired in a new 'Under cabinet striplight' from Wickes. (Google "wickes.co.uk/invt/162309")
I've connected it to the downstairs light circuit. A cable goes to a switch were the line from the circuit and the line to the light is connected to the switch. N is directly connected. Cabling all seems okay. When I connect the light (you just plug in the cable, you can link these lights to other lights) everything is fine as well but when I switch on the light at the light directly the RCD switch is triggered.
Now my question is, can it be that the light is simply faulty or could there be something wrong with the cabling? I am not sure whether it is a normal RCD or a RCD circuit breaker. So could the light draw too much current that it needs to be on a 13A circuit (shouldn't really unless it is faulty I guess)?
As it is a lighting circuit earth isn't connected. Only L and N is used.
Thanks for you advice