re-pressurising sealed system? help please
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
2yellows
Apprentice
Apprentice

re-pressurising sealed system? help please

by 2yellows » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi all,
I have a Worcester heatslave 12/14, a sealed system with a pressure gauge behind the front panel. We have lost all hot water and have no heating :( . The pressure valve indicator is well below the preset pointer
(not even reaching 0.5 bar) and starts to squeal with the needle wobbling after a while.
I assume I am losing pressure somewhere and the handbook says to re-pressure the system. How do I do this?

Cheers, Chaz

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:49 pm

There should be a filling loop connected to the mains with a service valve that will alow you to refill the boiler to around 1 - 1.5 bar.

However, it's of concern that you appear to have suddenly lost all pressure in the system. It doesn't sound like a leak as you would surely have some evidence. It could be the pressure release valve in the boiler or it could be the expansion vessel has thrown it's legs in the air.

Is it on contract? I think you should get someone in.

Cheers

frogger
Tradesman
Tradesman

by frogger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Not certian but does this boiler not require a t shaped key which you insert in the bottom to re-pressurise

callumwoodman
Labourer
Labourer

No hot water from my worcester heatslave 12/14

by callumwoodman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:05 pm

I recently turned on the central heating with my worcester heatslave 12/14 and immediately noticed that the hot water supply had suddenly dropped and wasn't lasting as long or getting as hot as it should. I turned the central heating off and now the hot water lasts for a minute or so and the boiler doesn't always fire up when you turn the tap or shower on, but does make a clicking sound, also the pressure has dropped to below 1 bar. Can anyone please help me?

callum
October 2008

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1