Re Wire

Postby Sonnenkind » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:39 pm

I have just had my house re-wired and the cables have been chased into the walls and plastered with no trunking, the job is not finished yet and I have been told by someone in the "building trade" that these cables need to be in plastic trunking in order to comply with building regs.
Is this true.
Sonnenkind
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 am

Total Rubbish!
No need for capping, trunking or conduit.
It may be a good idea to use them for one reason or another but not a requirement.
They will need RCD protection though if they where not buried at least 50mm into wall or flexisheild type cable used.
The electrician who did this, should be aware of this, the work must comply to part p of building regs and be notified to them either via you or the person carrying out the work.
KB
kbrownie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!