reboarding an artex ceiling
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
london1962
Labourer
Labourer

reboarding an artex ceiling

by london1962 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi there, have finally decided to reboard a badly artexed 1950's ex council house.It was originally pre-cast reinforced concrete so has some steelwork in places where there would normally be wooden joists:
1.What is the best plasterboard to use, 9mm 0r 12.5mm with or without tapered edges?
2.How do I locate the wood to fix to, would I have to lift floorboards upstairs?(bearing in mind that when central heating system was installed 2/3 years ago flexible plastic piping was used as couldn't drill through steelwork and I don't want to put a hole in the piping).
I have a plasterer coming to skim my finished efforts and will possibly be able to get his ideas on the subject, but I would like as many opinions as possible.
Many Thanks

damo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by damo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:08 pm

hi, ide use 12.5mm on the cielings and 9.5 on walls but the better way would be to get your plasterer to put a coat of bonding over all the artex then he can overskim that, its the way ide do it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:17 pm