I am redecorating my whole home, which includes upgrading a very old central heating system. Redecorating from the ground up, so new flooring, new kitchen, new bathroom suite, doors, painting, plastering, electrics etc... the whole works. After much research, I have organised a list of orders to carry out each job and have my funds available to carry out the work from individuals & companies who specialise in each trade listed below for my job. I would like all your opinions on the basis of my order and if any changes should be made and why. Thank you all in advance.
This is my order to carry out the works:
1. Full Central Heating system
2. Guttering Around the House & Garden
3. Raising extension roof angle and install Ceiling Velux window (Back of house / Garden area)
4. Garden Paving << Doing this early because only access through the garden is through the home. Don't want damage to be done inside the home.
5. Remove doors, Remove door frames, Remove floors & skirting, Remove old kitchen and old bathroom suite
6. Install door frames and install light replacements and new light installations (electrics)
7. Plastering some Ceilings due to cracks
8. Wall conditions prep walls (Plaster or fill) depending on severity
9. New Kitchen Units (replacing old Kitchen) / tiling kitchen/ New Bathroom suite (replace old bathroom suite, same locations etc..)
11. Fix Floor boards and install laminate flooring/ skirting and carpet.
12. Hang new Doors + Architraves
I have a place to stay elsewhere whilst the work is carried out. I will be project managing the work day by day. I just need to finalise this list in order to inform the contractors and tradesman the dates of work to be carried out, I have been informed of estimation times it will take to complete each job, just need to prioritise my order. I do think my order is correct, though I would like your thoughts on it before I start the project. Bearing in mind that I have a front driveway so any tradesman may want to carry out cutting etc... which is fine.
Would love all your thoughts on this, thank you in advance.
Hi MissBuilding1975, Your question is very involved and difficult to comment on in detail because it is remote. Immediate questions are: why remove door frames, floors and skirtings? Suggest you do 4 first so there is somewhere to store item with reasonable security, next do 3 so heating system could be run in new roof space. Then do 1. 2 is totally independent so can be done anytime. New lighting installations should be done after 9 so you know where fixtures and fittings are located. Regards, stoneyboy
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!