Reducing window depth.

Postby Braindeadamoeba » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi, I have on old Victorian Style Town House.

The bathroom is a box on stilts added to the REAR of the property. The bathroom window is clearly visible from the main seafront road. We are in a Conservation area but I understand that changes to the rear of the property is not considered to affect the character of the property.

I am upgrading the interior and my wife wants the window depth reduced by raising the sill or by using a same size frame but with an extra transom at 1/3 up with blanking plate below and glazed above.

Will I need planning permission or Building Regs approval for this?

Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:17 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 10:09 am

If you are in a conservation area then you need to check anything you do with the planning department of your local council.
Site Admin
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby Braindeadamoeba » Sat May 12, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks... I had a feeling that that might be the case.
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics