Refused Application Due to Size - Neighbors Planning Accepted - Shall I Complain?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
icemancomeths
Labourer
Labourer

Refused Application Due to Size - Neighbors Planning Accepted - Shall I Complain?

by icemancomeths » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:22 am

So we have just had out 1 bedroom side extension completed. The planning office refused unless we set our extension 2.5m back from the original front of the house and 0.8m from the side, so we did this.

I live on a street where the house are pretty much the same.

A neighbor has also being refused planning permission but then went to appeal and won and they are allowed to have their extension 0.5m setback and 0.5m from the side.

Its not only me who has succumbed to the 2m setback rule on the street, another 3 properties have.

Am I allowed to complain to the council, this has cost us space because we then had to convert the garage to a bedroom instead of having 2 in the extension.

I feel let down.

Sorry and thanks.

The council is Leeds.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Refused Application Due to Size - Neighbors Planning Accepted - Shall I Complain?

by welsh brickie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 pm

you have the right to appeal the decision, and if they still refuse to grant your application you can, as a neighbour object to any development in your street based on a biased decision

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1