Rehanging Bay Window Roof Heavy Blinds
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Listylister
Labourer
Labourer

Rehanging Bay Window Roof Heavy Blinds

by Listylister » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:11 am

Hi there. I was wondering of anyone could help me as I'm in a bit of a pickle.

We have some heavy venetian blinds that were fitted in our bay window roof. However they have been removed due to decorating and now can't get them back up. I have tried using plasterboard screws but the plaster just crumbles when I try and screw them in. Even tried very small raw plugs and screws. I have tried fitting a wooden baton up using no nails but that pulled all the plaster off and nearly killed me when they fell down. The roof seems very flimsy and would question whether they used plasterboard at all!!

I'm at a loss as to what to do as there is nowhere to fix them to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just wasted a whole weekend trying to get these damn things up and am considering binning them.

Thanks for any help.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Rehanging Bay Window Roof Heavy Blinds

by welsh brickie » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:35 pm

you need to find the timbers behind the plasterboard, use a drill and drill holes in a line till you hit a timber.
Once you know where they are, use 3x1 timber and use a grab adhesive like no more nails, and stick the timber to the ceiling and screw through to the timbers.

Listylister
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Rehanging Bay Window Roof Heavy Blinds

by Listylister » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks will give it a go. Got to skim over the wall anyway so can try and find the beam by drilling at intervals as you suggest.

Thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 am