Remote Room Thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wilfords
Labourer
Labourer

Remote Room Thermostat

by wilfords » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm

Hello

I've recently moved into a new house and I'm struggling to get the heating working correctly.

I have a combi boiler which does supply hot water and I can turn the heating on manually. I have a British Gas branded "Remote Thermostat" which I just can't get to communicate with the panel on the boiler. I've got the instruction manual and have run through the set up process no end of times. I've replaced the batteries in the remote unit a couple of times and the LCD screen appears to do everything it should (show desired temperature).

Any advice on what I can do without getting stung for calling our an engineer.

If I can trace the same remote unit to purchase, I guess I can try a different remote to determine where the problem lies. Anyone know a supplier?

Other top tips?

Cheers

Steve

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:06 pm

It's normally the receiver at fault not the room thermostat.

If the thermostat was not working - the central heating would not come on. If the heating is coming on then the stat is calling for heat.

What's the make and model ?

Check the electrics at the boiler ? is the stat actually connected to the boiler ???

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1