Removable Sleeve in my Rainwater Yard Gully - What is This?

Postby dannyp1313 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:43 pm

I have a gully in the yard area that I need to tap into for removal of surface water off patio via channel drain.

when I took cover off to see where to break into I noticed a sleeve that comes out. what is the purpose of the sleeve? the gully is a p-trap and it has kitchen water waste and a rainwater down spout going to it

thanks for help

Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:26 pm


Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:38 am

Not easy without a photo, but I would suspect this is what forms the water seal / trap of the gully, preventing smells. If it is of this type, you cannot tap into it, the only inlet is the top. You may also need to notify building control for this project.
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Postby dannyp1313 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:05 pm

thanks for reply proptech

I think your correct. went along to local builders merchants and they had similar.

next comes my other issue. I need to lay an aco drain for patio. had a bodged job which went above dpc. so ive now decided to remove original aco drain and dig a channel along my house wall below dpc. im going to relay another aco which will be below dpc to channel surface water away. I need to knock out bottom on aco , use the 110mm adaptor with a sleeve to reduce it to 40mm, the 40mm then goes to yard gully where I will cut a 40mm hole in side of gully but not the sleeve and pop it through for rain water run off.

I know its a bodge but its maybe the best way round the situation

whats the general view here?

Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by