All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MediumRob
Labourer
Labourer

Removal of white pipe from dishwasher drainage pipe

by MediumRob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello all

This is, I hope, quite a simple query. All I want to do is remove a white pipe from the drainage pipe of a dishwasher (see attached picture to see what I am on about).

The white pipe isn't screwed-in to the drainage pipe, so unscrewing it doesn't work. I have also tried using my - above average - levels of strength to separate the pipes, also to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is to cut the drainage pipe off at the end, just below the rubber seal, but I'm pretty certain that will lead to leaks when I plumb the drainage pipe in and use the dishwasher.

Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (26.02 KiB) Viewed 2431 times

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Removal of white pipe from dishwasher drainage pipe

by plumbbob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:45 pm

As you are probably aware, the pipe should pull out and it has ridges on to prevent it from separating accidentally. If it turns freely then it is not glued in. I have come across this before where they are difficult to separate. Stick a screwdriver between the two pipes and lever them apart.

Don't cut it as it will not seal again. You will end up replacing the whole pipe.

MediumRob
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Removal of white pipe from dishwasher drainage pipe

by MediumRob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank you for replying.

Following what you said about the white pipe being removable, I tried using a screwdriver. That didn't quite work, so I sawed off the white drain pipe (close to the drainage pipe) and then managed to tug out the white pipe using some pliers.

So thanks very much for your help - much appreciated.

Rob

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm