remove broken concrete interlocking tiles
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hairyfingers
Labourer
Labourer

remove broken concrete interlocking tiles

by hairyfingers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi,

So, I've got a few broken concrete tiles on my roof.
- They are interlocking.
- There is no offset on each row.
- The broken ones are not nailed

I get it that I need to wedge up the tile the the side to release the overlap/interlocking bit BUT in order to release the broken tile from the batten I also need to wedge the tile directly above it (as there is no offset) - which would mean resting the wedge on the tile I am trying to remove - so I'm not gonna be able to lift the broken tile off the batten cause the tile above is wedged on it.

Now I could wedge the tile next to the one above the broken one (top right of the broken tile) - none of this tile touches the broken one but it would lift the one directly above a bit - but I'm thinking this will snap the tile before I get enough leverage to remove the broken one as it putting all the force on the interlock bit of the one directly above the broken tile - so not sure about that....

Am I missing something cause everywhere I read just says slip in the wedges and off you go???

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:53 pm

hairyfingers,
Slide the tiles above the one you are trying to replace up the roof so the top of the tile is exposed, wedge up one side and lift out the broken tile.
end

hairyfingers
Labourer
Labourer

by hairyfingers » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

ah great! yes that makes sense. thankyou so much Stoneyboy

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:27 pm