Remove or disconnect ice box from fridge?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
C3P0
Labourer
Labourer

Remove or disconnect ice box from fridge?

by C3P0 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is possible? My under counter fridge with ice box is ok, but the flap for the ice box is a bit unreliable and falls off, so I wanted to disconnect and remove the whole thing to stop the fridge icing up, I am quite happy to be without the ice box.

Thanks all :)

kathysierra
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Remove or disconnect ice box from fridge?

by kathysierra » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi, i understand your concerns.
You can have ice box of your refrigerator removed but think twice before actually going for this.You want be able to enjoy home made ice creams.
Frankly i don't know how to remove.it will be better to take professionals help.Look for refrigeration services near you.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:43 pm

It is unlikely that the ice box can be removed. They often form the evaporator and in old days you bought compressor and ice box and built fridge around them.

icecathy
Labourer
Labourer

by icecathy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 pm

I think this is possibly removed. But, make sure that you finally think twice for what will be the output if you’re going to remove the icebox. You may ask some electrician for this type of concern because removing the icebox can cause damage to your refrigerator.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:40 pm