Removing a Gas fire
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TONYTONE
Tradesman
Tradesman

Removing a Gas fire

by TONYTONE » Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi guys,

I live in a Victorian mid terrace and am after removing the gas fire in the front room. I have just fitted central heating so was thinking of just cleaning up the chimeny hole and shoving some candles n stuff inside. How do I go about it? Do I need to get a Corgi bloke in to remove the fire? What other considerations should I take on board? Just trying to find out what I'm letting myself in for.

Cheers

Tone

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed May 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Tone,
Yes you need a corgi person to remove it.They will cap the feed pipe at a convenient point (hopefully agreed with you) then retest for any leaks

cheers

TONYTONE
Tradesman
Tradesman

by TONYTONE » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Cheers Ste,

Thats one part figured out, just need to know the rest.

Tone

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm