Removing blocks
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
magic12
Labourer
Labourer

Removing blocks

Post by magic12 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi

Have searched for answer but can't seem to find one.

I am installing a hole in wall electric fire. Had checked first and there was space behind the plaster to fit. But schoolboy error only made one hole to check space.

Now that I've removed the plaster the aperture for the fire to fit into is too small. It is a new build property and they have left the hole for a tradional fire and fireplace.

I need to remove/cut into at least two breeze blocks. any suggestions? I need to go on about 20cm and the space to cut away is about 2ft square.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Removing blocks

Post by Perry525 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Mark out the space required, use an angle grinder, preferably with a diamond tipped cutter, cut some vertical lines, and then knock out with a hammer drill, messy but quick and easy.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:45 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:58 pm