Postby yvonnepaul » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:25 pm

I suspect someone has already answered this before.......

My son needs more room in his bedroom so want to take out unused chimney breast and cast iron fireplace.

i know we have to support the above stack which is in our converted loft bedroom.

I also its a job that I cannot tackle

Any one know aprox how much a builder would charge are we talking thousands of pounds or could I pay them just to put in the support and take the bricks down myself into a skip??/

We are attached to next door but they don't live there and have no idea how to get hold of them.

Anybody had it done.................
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:56 am


Simply Build It

Postby TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Site Admin
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics