Removing cladding from chimney breast
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chelle209
Labourer
Labourer

Removing cladding from chimney breast

by chelle209 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new to all of this because I usually surf the web for my answers but this time no luck!

I have a chimney breast with a wooden canopy and what looks like stone cladding (I think). I want something that has a bit more of a modern look and wanted to remove it or cover it up. The top of the canopy is smaller than the bottom part with the brick. The base is made of what looks to be slate and protrudes forward.

Anybody any suggestions?

mdpmspitfire
Tradesman
Tradesman

chimney breat

by mdpmspitfire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:08 pm

im not quite sure what you mean by your description ut if i have it right you could remove the canopy and any projection. you could then batten over it or build a frame work around it and cladd it with your choice or plasterboard over it and decorate to match the rest of the room. remember however to include a vent through to the chimney flue to allow air flow upwards and minimise condensation
mark

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am