Removing cover of Apollo Circular bathroom ceiling light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Steve K
Apprentice
Apprentice

Removing cover of Apollo Circular bathroom ceiling light

Post by Steve K » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:36 pm

I would like to replace the bulb with a low energy one. But I cannot work out how to remove the casing so that I can get access to the bulb. This light is not flush with the ceiling. It is a PrimeL??? (could be PrimeLight but I can't see the last 3 digits clearly) Apollo Circular LBLP325 IP44.

Help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

Post by kuzz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:37 pm

If it's the one i think it is look where the cover joins the light. there will be an indentation, use a large flat screwdriver or a coin and you can just flick it off.

Steve K
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Steve K » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Brilliant, done it, thank you! :D

chrisman
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Removing cover of Apollo Circular bathroom ceiling light

Post by chrisman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:12 am

I know this is over a decade later but the advice above really helped me remove my Apollo Circular lighting.

One additional tip: if your casing is really stuck like mine was, put a screwdriver in the notch in the notch between the clear/translucent casing and the body of the light, and hit it with a hammer.
Mine pinged off first time having tried a screwdriver and coin to get it off.

Cheers!

patpiz
Labourer
Labourer

Post by patpiz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi, I've created an account just to say thank you for the answer, I think I was gonna drag the whole ceiling down with the lamp! I believe it's an Apollo circular light from 2006.
I managed to remove the cover using a big coin and pivoting on the indentation. Standing on a chair helped quite a bit.
Cheers!

Aye chihuahua
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Aye chihuahua » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:52 am

I have one of these Apollo circular lights. It's old, maybe in the house ten years or more when I moved in 3 years ago. When trying to change the bulb a while ago, the fitting cracked. I've been scared to do anything since and unable to get anyone in as have been shielding on health grounds. Having now been vaccinated, I'd like to get an electrician to repair or replace it but am not sure what parts to order. Any ideas anyone? I'm happy to replace the whole thing if anyone has any suggestions as to a suitable newer model.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Mr White » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Save time, have the complete fitting changed.
Go to a lighting shop and choose a new light, make sure it is suitable for the location. (Bathroom?) If its not for a bathroom or outside, then choose what ever you like.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:31 am