removing double glazed glass HELP PLEASE
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
buzz181
Labourer
Labourer

removing double glazed glass HELP PLEASE

by buzz181 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm

hi i am not a window fitter double glazer etc BUT i have been asked by a number of different people/freinds if i can replace misted up condensated d/g units
now i have been wondering about this for a while as i also have one gone myself & it appears i can get new glass units made no bother from double glazing cos
what concerns me is removing the old ones
does anyone have any tips on how to get the glass out of the frame without damaging the frames
im guessing there are lots of different designs of upvc windows so just general hints would help,
thanks in advance for your help

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:32 pm

See our condensation in double glazing project. There are always beads holding in the glass. Some older windows have external beads but very few. A sharp scraper or a chisel is needed to literally lever out the first bead, others are then much easier. To get them in again requires more subtlety and you may have to put a little fairy liquid on the rubber seal to move it along the glass as you press in.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:08 am