removing/fitting monoblock taps.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
citroen
Apprentice
Apprentice

removing/fitting monoblock taps.

by citroen » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

I am intending to change my stainless steel sink which is fitted with monoblock taps and to reuse the existing taps.I have visited "monoblock taps" in the DIY PROJECTS on this forum and I feel that with a bit of further advice,I could manage this myself without calling on a plumber.Is there anything else I have to look out for and could anyone tell me where I could purchase the box spanner mentioned in the article?Also,do I need to use a new O ring and flat rubber washer mentioned in the article and do I need to use jointing compound to help prevent any leaks?I have previously changed ordinary taps so I have a bit of experience.It's just that I've never experienced monoblock taps.I would be very grateful for any help/advice that anyone could give me.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Sorry, but I can't be bothered to read the section you refer to, but fitting monobloc taps is very easy. It is difficult if using a standard spanner so the proper box spanner which can be found at any plumber's merchant will make the job simpler. Mind you, if you fit the taps before installing the sink you probably don't need to spend the money as you can manage without.

You won't need any sealants either. Unless the "O" ring is damaged then you can just clean everything and re-fit.

Your most difficult task could be getting the old sink out as the clips may be trapped between the worktop and the cupboards.

citroen
Apprentice
Apprentice

by citroen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Thank you very much for your help.It made me more confident of doing it myself until I noticed it is soldered joints from the supply pipes to the monoblock tap.I don't feel confident enough to saw through the pipes and refit using compressed joints.Thanks again.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am