Removing Plasterboard Wall to Refit in New Built House for Shower

Postby miketurnermk » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi,

I have a 6 year old 'New Build' which has had endless problems. The latest in the line is the ensuite as the shower tray has collapsed and upon trying to pry it out, have found that most of the plasterboard is rotten.

I decided that rather than just repairing that I'd refurb the entire room so started by chiselling off all tiles and then trying to remove sections of the plasterboard.

I removed the rear panel to find that it's joined to another piece that has clearly been fitted from the other side (presumably before the other side of the wall was installed).

Is this standard building practice and I assume that now I'm going to have to also take the other side of the plasterboard wall out to fix remove this one and replace them all?

Thanks

Mike
Attachments
Wall.jpg
Photo of mentioned section
Wall.jpg (50.93 KiB) Viewed 618 times
miketurnermk
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!