Removing small wall and crazy paving
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maxouventura
Labourer
Labourer

Removing small wall and crazy paving

by maxouventura » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 am

Hi

At the front of my house there is a small brick wall about 2 foot high and the front garden has been paved with crazy paving. The whole thing looks a complete mess and I would like to remove both the small wall and the crazy paving. I plan to replace the wall with a privet hedge which is how the front of the property looked originally. I would also like to lay gravel on the front garden following the removal of the paving. What I want to know is the tools I would need to demolish the wall completely and lift the crazy paving. I am somehting of a DIY novice and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 pm

The tools you need depend on your budget and how averse to hard work you are. You could probably do it with a sledge hammer, pick axe and shovel but it might be a long hard day depending on how the slabs are laid. Other options would be to visit a hire shop and see what they have by the way of small demolition power tools.

At the top end the price is higher but the work less, you could hire a mini digger such as this one
Google "hss.com/g/25501/Compact-Excavator-1-5t.html"

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm