Removing UPVC window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rossoreed
Labourer
Labourer

Removing UPVC window

by rossoreed » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 pm

I need to remove the centre panel from a UPVC bay window, to allow delivery of some furniture. The window panel is about 7' wide x 4' high and is a single panel with two opening sections.
I can see from the opening sections that the window is screwed sideways into a plastic clad 2" x 2" box section which forms the bay 'corners', but cannot work out if and how it is secured along the top as there are no obvious screws of fitments. Being 5' long I would presume that there would be other fitments other than the side ones into the box section. Any ideas please?
Link removed

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:05 pm

Many PVC windows are not secured at the top with screws but held in place with expanded foam. Screwing up into a lintel is never easy so these days a great deal of foam is used. The foam, if it is foam, can be cut with a saw.

rossoreed
Labourer
Labourer

by rossoreed » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks, just got to work out how to remove the beading now. I tried earlier but its pretty solid!
There is no removable seal on the inside, just beaded on the outside.
Is there a special tool to make it easier?

rossoreed
Labourer
Labourer

by rossoreed » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:17 pm

Thanks, just got to work out how to remove the beading now. I tried earlier but its pretty solid!
There is no removable seal on the inside, just beaded on the outside.
Is there a special tool to make it easier?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:06 pm