Render repair after fitting new windows
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Big mike
Labourer
Labourer

Render repair after fitting new windows

Post by Big mike » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Afternoon all. First post on here but I'm hoping you can answer a question for me.

I'm in the process of having our old UPVC Windows replaced. The windows are in and the guy is now 'making good' where bits of render were damaged during the removal. There's various bits but the biggest Is maybe a strip on the side of the window about 2 or 3 inches wide by 2 foot long. The render has come away exposing the brick beneath. We went out leaving him to repair this and when we came back we was surprised to see he had just filled the gap with mastic. On inspection he's done this to all the outside areas needing repair.

The question is, is this normal practice? We haven't paid them yet and I'm considering holding payment back if this turns out to be a bodge and not the usual done thing.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Mike.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Render repair after fitting new windows

Post by welsh brickie » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:11 pm

its a bodge, well and truly, he should finish it with a cement render to match the house as near as possible

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:06 pm