Rendering a dwarf wall - help!
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
swampy001
Labourer
Labourer

Rendering a dwarf wall - help!

Post by swampy001 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:39 pm

I am about to render a block wall. It's curved about 1.5 blocks high. The path is covered with gravel and the customer wants me to render all the way down the wall until it meets the gravel path. Are there any problems that might arise by doing this?

Ross Boseley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ross Boseley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:10 pm

The only problem i can see mate is that you'll be dragging gravel into your render. The best thing to o is to bead off the bottom just above the gravel and work off that. Might stop you getting any damp in it as well mate.

Hope this helps mate

Ross

swampy001
Labourer
Labourer

Post by swampy001 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Ross - Is it OK to do the job in one hit. When I did my training course the test piece was a small wall which I covered in one coat before lunch and completed after lunch after the first coat had dried a little.

Ross Boseley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ross Boseley » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:59 pm

you should put a scratch coat on about 6mm thick first mate with water proofer in to give it some weather protection leave it to dry a bit and then top it off with another coat. i'd personally use the scratch coat to stick your beads on with as it doesn't have to be flat it just has to be back from the face of the bead it will give you time to set them where you want them. Hope this helps mate
Ross

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:02 pm