I have an awful looking garden wall that is sound. Previous owner of the house painted it very badly and the edges of the top bricks are chipped. So I am thinking about rendering it to inprove the look of it. I basically have a few questions:
1. How should I prepare it? Knotted wire brush on the drill to deal with the paint?
2. Should I fill the pointing first to bring it out to the level of the bricks before rendering it?
3. Will I need to PVA the wall first?
4. How do I repair the chipped edges? Metal beading?
5. What is the ideal mixture?
6. How many coats should I be aiming to do? Does the mixture change between coats?
7. How much materials will I need for a 4"x15" wall?