rendering above bay window

Postby karigar » Sat May 19, 2007 7:39 pm

please can anyone give advise on the method of re rendering above a bay window also what plaster should be usedand the best type of insulation material .? Explanation as follows the walls of house are of brick construction the areas between upper and lower bay windows are rendered and hollow, the rendering is cracked and blown and is falling away hence the need to replace the render, it will need insulation behind .it looks basically like external lath and plaster...
Last edited by karigar on Mon May 21, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:37 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Sun May 20, 2007 9:21 am

Bot too vaigue to be answered poroperly I'm afraid. Where were you planning to put the insulation material and what it the problem with the render you have. Are you rendering onto brick or mesh and is there any reason why you are asking this question particularly of the area over a bay window. That is, Is the area over the bay window any different to any other area of the walls.
Site Admin
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics