Rendering and Hacking off Pebble Dash? Lime Render Products and Installers?
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Maverickmonkey
Labourer
Labourer

Rendering and Hacking off Pebble Dash? Lime Render Products and Installers?

by Maverickmonkey » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:49 pm

REAR OF PROPERTY,
REAR OF PROPERTY,
Looking at various render systems and not sure which is best in the long term. We have an edwardian 1930's semi which is currently has a spar dash which is probably 50 years old. It has been patched up in places and looks untidy. Concerned about hacking off to the brickwork due to mess and fear of builder over hacking and damaging bricks. Looked into K-renders and other eco renders including thermal and they are very expensive and as the green deal is no longer available not sure if it's worth the investment. Considering lime render but not sure if I still need to hack off back to brick work?
Considering lime render but not sure if I still need to hack off back to brick work? I understand this is best but concerned about damage to bricks.

Are Parex products lime products suitable? Are there other companies to compare with that offer a guarantee?

Would you be able to provide details of a list of installers. I based in North west london. Preference would be an individual renderer as opposed to a large company.

I enclose some photographs of the front and rear of property. Looking to have the work done fairly soon as roof maintenance required and will need scaffold.

thedoctor

Re: Rendering and Hacking off Pebble Dash? Lime Render Products and Installers?

by thedoctor » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 am

Hi

If the existing render surface is sound (not blown or loose) then any loose stones or paint etc.... can be scraped off and removed back to the solid, stable surface below, it can be rendered over….BUT…..The new surface will only ever be adhered as well as the existing surface so make sure the existing render is well stuck.

In terms of tradesmen and installers please see our find a tradesman area that will help you find a suitabel tradesman in your area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find-tradesmen/

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm