rendering over old pebbledash
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dan007
Apprentice
Apprentice

rendering over old pebbledash

by dan007 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Please advise I am renedering my mothers house the rear wall of the property is already pebbledashed we have begun hacking off the old dash but the dash is so hard when we eventually get it off it is loosenig all the brickwork and damageing the interior plasterwork the inside of the house is decorated and finished I have already had to reblock the gable end have been advised to cover pebbledash with sheets of expanding metal lathe 8' x 2' sheets screwed to the wall with stainless steel washers then sand & cement render over this have used eml in the past on small areas (for cracks bad brickwork) wondered if this correct method for large areasor is there better method many thanks

youasked
Tradesman
Tradesman

No need

by youasked » Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Google "youtube.com/watch?v=iR9_uSEhcEQ"
Enough said. No mesh, no pebbledash, no painting, no damp..... got to be better and it can go straight over pebbledash and be finshed in stone or brick finish.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Find trusted, insured and vetted tradesman local to your area. Visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am