Repacing Double-Glazed Front Door - Rough Costs
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Becks
Labourer
Labourer

Repacing Double-Glazed Front Door - Rough Costs

by Becks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi, I have a 1930's house with a horrible 1970/80's style double glazed upvc front door with two small side windows either side both upvc. I want to get rid of all this and replace the framework with wood and have a 1930's style door with leaded glass (either original or made to measure) with matching side windows (leaded as well). Could somebody give me a rough idea of price take out all upvc framework and door and replace with timber frame and install door and windows.
Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Repacing Double-Glazed Front Door - Rough Costs

by welsh brickie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 pm

it depends on the design you want, the cost to have it done in hardwood with lead design can be more expensive than upvc.
You can get light oak or dark oak upvc frames, and have lead designed glass, it will be cheaper try http://www.consortwindowspublic.com for a list of products and styles

Becks
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Repacing Double-Glazed Front Door - Rough Costs

by Becks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks I understand what you are saying but that is exactly what I don't want. I want to try and recreate the original look in wood and not UPVC.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:01 am