Repainting Internal Window Sill in Previously Leaky Conservatory

Postby Pallina » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi guys I am new to the forum and I would appreciate any help. I am planning to repaint my windows sill board as there are several water marks and due to a leaking conservatory sill board corner went mouldy (pictures 2). Now my first question is: how can I tell if board was previously stained or varnished? Either way what is the best course of actions? Sanding down and then prime or stain over stained?? Don't know very confused please help.
Attachments
20160825_131410.jpg
Sill board picture1
20160825_131410.jpg (11.02 KiB) Viewed 210 times
20160825_131403.jpg
Sill board picture 2
Pallina
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm

how about covering it with pvc window board
welsh brickie

Postby Pallina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:06 am

Thank you very much for your advice Welsh but unfortunately I am on a very tight budget and not able to fit pvc myself so I thought repainting would be a cheaper option considering that my leaky conservatory has been fixes and although so many years wood sill are still OK. Any advice about what kind of painting I have right know and how to repainting??? Thanks in advance guys. Karen.
Pallina
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!