Repainting Skirting and Wood Work?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
xstacie-mariex
Labourer
Labourer

Repainting Skirting and Wood Work?

Post by xstacie-mariex » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 pm

I have recently moved into a new(ish) build property and the woodwork is decent but looks shabby and would ruin the overall look when I redecorate. But I feel like I have now opened a can of worms and to be honest I am lazy when it comes to DIY.
To start the previous owners had painted the walls a dark grey but must not have attempted to cover the skirting and its covered in flecks of paint. I have lightly sanded them with a mouse to create an abrasive surface as I know gloss won't stick to gloss but was wondering if I'd sanded them enough? I've taken all the shine off the skirting but not down to bare wood or should I?
Secondly all the woodwork was/is high gloss which is a look i know that can only be created from oil based gloss but dislike the yellowing factor so was going to go for non oil based. But of course this means I can't just paint the skirting as it won't match and I shall have to redo everything!! I'm decorating the hallway and struggling with the idea of 9 door frames as well as the skirting. I'm replacing internal doors next year so would just put up with the mismatching on that front. The door frames are fine my problem really is just the skirtinh. I would appreciate anyone's opinion and help to limit my need to do DIY. Thanks

Thumbnails
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Repainting Skirting and Wood Work?

Post by Thumbnails » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:58 am

Have you considered fitting fresh skirting? Is that within your budget?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:37 pm